How to Care for Your Dark Color Garments
Here are ways to care for your dark color garment to prevent color fading:
- Turn dark garments inside out prior to loading into the washing machine to prevent streaking of color during the wash cycle.
- Add approximately 1oz of white distilled vinegar per 3 gallons of water to prevent color loss.
- Use detergent that is pH neutral to help prevent color loss.
- Cold water will remove less fugitive dye during the wash.
- Use a delicate cycle to reduce agitation, excess agitation will scrub off color.
- Front load washing machines are gentler that top loads and will also save more water.
- Hang to dry to reduce agitation.
- Do not use any pre spotters, most pre spotters are high in alkalinity which strips color.
- Reducing the cycle time will reduce the amount of agitation.
Pacific Heights Cleaners is your certified green dry cleaner serving San Francisco and Sausalito with the environmentally friendly Wet Clean dry cleaning system. This system is EPA approved and contains no toxic chemicals.
Other Articles of Interest: