How to Remove Red Wine from Cotton Chaise Cover.
Testing 1-2-3: Test the color in a hidden area with soap and water to see if it’s colorfast.
1. Apply a small amount of distilled white vinegar directly onto the stain and let it rest for a few minutes.
2. Blot off with a wet towel followed by a dry towel.
3. If the stain starts to dissipate, then reapply white vinegar, let it rest a few more minutes.
4. Skip to Are We Done Yet?
5. If we are not achieving any results, then we will need to resort to stronger products.
6. Enzyme stain removers can be found in the laundry department of most grocery stores. Use the same technique as with the vinegar. Apply a small amount onto the stain. We can also soak the entire garment in the enzyme for large stains or to prevent color loss from a specific area. Wait 15-30 minutes.
7. Blot it with a wet towel followed by a dry towel.
8. If the stain starts to dissipate, then reapply enzyme to stain, let it rest for another 15-30 minutes.
Are We Done Yet?
When done with the stain removal process, whether we blotted the stain or soaked the garment, always clean the entire garment as recommended by the care label. Never leave garments unclean after using spotting or cleaning products. Over time the spotting agent can discolor, or yellow, and weaken the material.
Pacific Heights Cleaners in San Francisco and Sausalito is your non toxic alternative, proudly leading the way in garment care today and into a healthy future.
Service with Pride since 1969
The First Dry Cleaners to be Green Business Certified by San Francisco Environment and Bay Area Green Business Program Marin County. We use the Wet Clean dry cleaning system that is safe for you and the environment.
Other Articles of Interest: